TEACHING METHODS AND QUALITY OF TEACHER
TEACHING METHODS AND QUALITY OF TEACHER
Teacher is a person, who, due to his unusual or rich experience in education or both in a said field is able to contribute to the development and growth of the other person who comes in contact or touch with him. Competence, enthusiasm, efficacy, and morale are the four dimensions which are associated with a teacher.
Teacher’s efficiency or competency has been explained as the extent to which the teacher has the relevant subject matter and the pedagogical expertise needed to impart the co-curriculum effectively.
Teacher’s efficacy :
It is explained as the self belie and self efficacy in his capacity of doing what is expected to be done from them.
Teacher’s enthusiasm :
A teacher must be very motivating and enthuastic.
Teacher’s Morale :
A balance in the classroom interaction is very much essential and must be maintained. The many factors that generally contributed to the psychological and morale are well being; self esteem, commitment to a cause, identification and knowledge with the organisational goal. Psychological and environmental causes together combine up to build a morale of the teacher. These four factors play an important and crucial role in the process of effective interaction of classroom .
CLASSROOM INTERACTION :
The climate generated by teacher is the basis of the classroom interconnection between a student and a teacher. He should be able to blend friendship with a definite degree of compactness. The interaction on learning and teaching must be sheeny, interesting and pleasant without any friction for a fruitful and completelearning andteachingmethod.
Basically, verbalism goes on in the name of instruction and teaching. Students are simply expected to listen to the explanation, lectures and instructions. This is well-known as direct teaching. The effectiveness of direct teaching had been put under manyquestions and it is found that this type of teaching that is direct teaching is not very effective now. For effective and powerfulteaching the active participation of students is very important and plays a significant role. This contribution is done through the classroom interaction. This interaction consists of teacher lectures and explanation with students’ suggestions, ideas,question, and concept etc. The activities of the students are very much responsible for making teaching learning method effective, friendly and democratic.
Interaction is required and is veryimportant for the rectification of the drawbacks of direct teaching. This interactive teaching is derived as indirect teaching. Through the interaction sessions, the teacher analyses the requirement and capacity of students and can bring subsequent changes in their behaviour according to the requirement it can also change the way of teaching.
SUBJECT MATTER :
It can also be called a curriculum. It is also a body of prescribed educational occurance under an institutional supervision, which is planned to provide an individual with the effective possible experience and training to make him fit for the society of which he/she is a part, or to certified him for a profession or trade. It can also be defined as “a tranquil matter of teaching, materials for instructions, situations or experience that may help to develop understanding, skills, appreciation and attitudes”. Curriculum should be logical, psychological and should be according to the needs of the pupil and also the society. It should be objective in approach. Curriculum can two types :
- Modules related to the teachers: In this type of curriculum the process of selection of materials content is based on the needs of the instructor/teacher. The ability of the teacher is unquestionable and his proficiency is super.
- Syllabus related to students: It is a type of syllabus which can fulfill the criteria to select and arrange materials in sequence, activities and experiences for any particular pupil are requirement, full-growth, attentiveness, investigational, experimental surround of the individual child./ In our country the NCERT is the main institution authorised for making curriculum. Each state has its own type of syllabus making authority which is termed as SCERT.Some states follows the NCERT curriculum. Schools which are affiliatedto CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION will teach in NCERT syllabus. At higher level every university make their own curriculum according to the guide lines of University Grant Commission which acts for the uniformity in curriculum at higher level in our country.
In ancient time schools are not properly arranged in the way so that teacher cannot teach students in arranged way. Presently their methods are not same as earlier. Their new motto is ‘DO LEARN’. This setting is dynamic and flexible. Teaching is a system to execute process of learning in various way. There are five main steps:
- Preparation : This stage was required or intended for the preparation of both the teacher and the students. In these phase student can prepare himself for new topic or new lesson with the help of teacher in various way.
- Presentation : In this phase there is new beginning of new lesson. The students have information what to learn by himself. The subject material should be deliberately grouped by the teacher. He must encourage the students for proper observation, comparing different aspects and contrasting various facts which are presented to themThe principle of selection of the area to be covered keeps the It has not obligatory for a teacher to complete all parts of the study syllabus. She may keep some lesson part for the self learning of students.
- Comparison : In this section after presentation of subject matter, the student is given opportunity to compare two or more set of facts. Student compare and observe different facts so, understanding of lesson easily increases by students.
- Generalization : This was the third stage of teaching. Different type of conclusions can be drawn from juxtaposition and conception. These termination are classified in a special order to give a nonexclusive truth.
- Application : At this stage the generalised facts are applied for various uses. This is the most crucial step of teaching learningmanner.
QUALITIES OF TEACHER
- Teacher should be mentally and physically fit.
- Teacher should determined in his work and should be passionate and distressed to keep his grip brand new and advanced. He wouldpossess forbearance and liberality and try to enquire the trouble and problems of pupils and try to find out them in serene and undisturbed way.
- He should have mind setup of feelings of affection and tolerance.
- He must be out of bad habits and superstitions for his students and class.
- He or she should be well maintained and well dressed.
- His or her voice should be clear, polite and sweet.
- His or her language should be understandable to the pupils.
- He must not give any false promise or assurance.
- He/she should be updated with professional knowledge.
- He must not have any bad habits and practices.
- Teacher must have a good communicationexpertised skill and must be a master of his area or field of teaching and training.
- Teacher should be trained in various teaching methods.
- He should know the child psychology and mindset.
- Teacher should be a good and well researcher.
- He should have a control over students to keep maintain peace and order in class.
- Teaching should be pupil or student centre rather than subject centres.
- Teacher should arose interest among students about the subject matter.
- Teacher must be fair in marking and grading.
- Teacher should organize extra curricular activities for better and progressive understanding of subject matter.
- Good interpersonal relationship should be maintained and continued.
- Rewards should be given according to their
- Teacher should use modern and unique techniques, methods, system and gadgets in teaching for better understanding of subject matter.
- Teacher should evoke and invoke curiosity of the pupils (students)byre presenting the subject matter in an effective manner with clear and understandable explanation leading to better understanding of the matter.
- Teacher should arrange subject matter in a logical rational way.
- He or she should make a lesson plan before presenting the lesson in the class.
- Teacher should work as a leader and head in the class.
- Teacher should maintain a democratic ambience in the class so that every student will be able to put his doubt, questions and ideas with suggestion and implication.
- Teacher should act as a role model for his students with his character and behavior. Teacher should inspire his pupil.