Art & Painting
Famous Indian Paintings
- Miniature paintings are handmade paintings, which a quite colourful, but small in size.
- The peculiarity of these paintings is the intricate a delicate brush work, which lends them a unique identity.
- In India the Palas of Bengal was the pioneers of miniature painting .
- The peak of these paintings is the tangled and delicate brushwork, which lends them a unique identity.
- The colours are handmade, from minerals, vegetable precious stones, indigo, conch shells, pure gold and silver.
- The most common theme of the Miniature painting of India comprises of the Ragas .
- The Ragamala paintings also belong to this school, as does the Company painting produced for British clinits under the British Raj.
- Tanjore Painting is one of the very popular and important forms of classical South Indian painting.
- It is the indegenious art form of Thanjavur (also known as Tanjore) city of Tamil Nadu.. Then, there are ornamentation of semi-precious stones, pearls and glass pieces that further add to their appeal.
- The solace work gives them a three proportion effect .Tanjore Painting of India of obtained during the 16th century, under the reign of the Cholas.
- Bishnu, Shiva & Krishna favorite of artist
- Made for ritual & worship and not for exhibit.
- Paintings were made on Jack wood displayed with unbleached cloth brilliant colour schemes, jewellery with sones and copper glasses & remarkable gold leaf work to which a mixture of list, chalk, gum honey are pertain in cover on a sketch of the icon.
- Background always painted Red/Green.
- Baby Krishna (Gopal) is white but when he became adult his skin colour is blue.
- Circumference of figures are in a dark reddish brown.
Belong to Maratha Period them mythological.
- Kalamkari or “pen craft” of Srikalahasti, is executed with kalam or pen, used for free hand drawing of the subject and filling in the colours, entirely by hand. Paintings are typically hand-painted or block-printed on cotton textile.
- This style extended around temples and had a decidely religious identity – scrolls, temple hangings, deities and scenes from the great Hindu epics.
- The style of Machilipatnam likely to have more block printing. However, both use only vegetable colours.
- These paintings are made in Andhra Pradesh.
- It is hand painted in addition to block printing with vegetable dyes applied on cloth.
- Vegetable dyes were apply for colour in the Kalamkari work.
- A small place Sri-Kalahasti is the finest known centre of Kalamkari art.
- This art is originated to adorning temple interiors with painted cloth panels, which was developed in the fifteenth century under the patronage of Vijaynagar rulers.
- Each and every scene is circumstanced by floral decorative patterns.
- These paintings are made on cloth. They are very resistable and flexible in size and made as per
- The artists utilize a bamboo or date palm stick pointed at one end with a bundle of fine hair fastened to the other end to serve as brush or pen.
- The kalamkari dyes are acquired by extracting colours from plant roots, leaves, in addition to salts of iron, tin, copper, alum etc.
- Warli folk an has its origins in Maharashtra.
- It is widely practised in the Northern Sahyadri region by the Adivasis (tribes).
- Elements of nature are the focal points of Warli folk paintings. A blend of rice paste, gum and water is used as paint by the warlis. A bamboo stick is manoeuvred as the brush.
- It is distinctly expression of daily & social events of Warli tribe,utilized by then to adorn the walls of village houses. Women were mainly engaged don’t render mythological character/images of God but depict social life.
- It utilizes very shapes: a circle, a triangle and a square. The circle constitute the sun and the moon, the triangle obtained from mountains and pointed trees, the square stipulates a sacred paddock or a piece of land.
- Painted on austre mud base using one color. In this sax to see straight line.
- Human and animal bodies are constituted by two triangles joined at the tip; the upper triangle depicts the trunk and the lower triangle the pelvis. Their precarious symmetry symbolizes the balance of the universe.
- Gond art surrounded a life as the central theme of art. It is practiced by “Gondi” tribe of Central India.
- The art form commemorate life i.e., hills, streams, animals, birds etc. The tribes commonly painted on the mud walls of their house.
- Produced by the Santhals in India.
- Mostly found in Gond tribe of the Godavari belt.
- Highly suaved and abstract form of Art works.
- Named Basholi is a small town in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir. It was launced by Raja Bhupat Pal in circa 1635 and is distinguished for a special and vibrant style of Pahari miniature paintings.
- Basholi Paintings are contemplate the first school of Pahari paintings. This style developed into the much prolific Kangra paintings school by mid-eighteenth century. It is noticable by bold stokes of primary colours and deep set facial patterns.
- Geometrical patterns of Basohli Paintings, bright colors and glossy enamel characterize Basohli paintings.
- The style developed under the philanthropy of Raja Kripal Pal and was truly unconventional, rich and highly robust.
- It is equiped with intricate geometrical designs, monochrome background, gloss finishes and dramatic compositions with imposing figures with decorative attire, a special focus on eyes, use of beetles wings for showing diamonds in trinket, narrow sky and red border.
- The amazing paintings have also given shape to many illustrations of Hindu Gods viz. Radha-Krishna: Madhava-Matti and even themes from bhagvata Purana.
A bundi Painting
- The painting of Bundi Styles circa to the Mewar style, but the former excels the latter in quality.
- The crucial characteristics of the Bundi painting are the rich and glowing colors, the rising sun in golden colour, crimson-red horizon, overlapping and semi-naturalistic trees.
- The lalughal influence was visible in the refined drawing of the faces and an element of naturalism in the treatment. The text was written in black versus yellow background on the top.
- Prominent features- Rich and glowing colours, the rising sun in golden colour, crimson-red horizon, brilliant red colour in border (in Rasikpriya series)